Old 10-05-2004, 07:25 PM
tmtresh

Default Indoor herb garden

If you are going to use ordinary tubular fluro lights, they need to be
adjustable in height so that they can be maintained almost touching the
foliage of the plants. I learnt this from discussions on other newsgroups
and have not tried it myself. I expect similar thing would apply to CFs.

Nope, you don't have to do that with CFs. Just get the brightest that you
can find. I have 25 watters (equivelant of 100 watt incandescent bulb, it
looks brighter than daylight in that corner). I have them 2 or 3 feet off
some of my plants. The plants grow quite well.