Old 10-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Alan Gould

Default Tomato Flowers

In article , Joanne
writes
I understand that you're supposed to plant tomatoes when the first flowers
are forming. I've been growing Gardener's Delight since mid-February,
indoors by a window, and they're getting fairly tall. I have some growbags
waiting for them in my greenhouse, but there's no sign of any flowers yet.
Should there be, or is it still too early?

Don't wait for the flowers to show before you plant them, but wait until
the first trusses are formed before you feed them. With Gardener's
Delight, you can choose either bush or cordon growth, i.e. whether you
pinch out the side-shoots or not, but cordon style is more suited to
indoor grown plants due to space required.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.