Old 10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
Dave Hinz

Default How to keep raccoons away

On 10 May 2004 18:18:55 GMT, Ignoramus15189 wrote:
In article , Doug Kanter wrote:

Are we on the same planet? I'm referring to your TOWN'S animal control
department. I've never heard of those people charging a citizen for removing
an animal.

Oh, I see. I became confused. I called animal control department of our
village a couple of weeks ago, and they said that they would not help
with raccoons.

They won't let you shoot 'em, but they also won't take care of them
for you? That's inconvenient.

My thinking is, buy this cayenne pepper powder, get some food
leftovers, sprinkle with CPP, and leave for raccoons to try. That
could probably dissuade them from visiting my property. I could use
CPP on my garbage bins, as well.

That or you'll find that they like it

I would rather not sprinkle CPPon the garden, as my son plays with it
(he "owns" some of the plants and likes to sprinkle water on the
garden). But, if raccoons are smart enough to avoid a whole yard if
they have enough trouble on it, I will be fine!

Let us know how it turns out. Might end up with a bunch of chilihead
racoons.