Old 10-05-2004, 08:09 PM
Brian

Default Question about Lilacs

Lilacs are generally grafted. The rootstock is usually pale blue, of no
great distinction. It's likely that growth from the rootstock has been
permitted to oust the scion.[desired variety]
Best Wishes Brian.
"Anthony Aversano" wrote in message
I have 5 lilacs in my yard. Three in the front in full sun, one on the

side in
part shade and one in the back in part sun. All but the one in the back

are two
years ago. The one in the back is about ten years old. For some reason

they are
all almost the exact same color (light blue). The ones in the front are

supposed
to be a purple, a peacock and a red. The one on the side should be a

purple and
the one in the back has been light blue as long as we have lived here.

What
could be causing this, other than the plants themselves being mis-marked

at the
nursery.