Old 10-05-2004, 09:11 PM
tuin man

Default Recommended hand tools

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am looking for good quality hand tools, having Googled this group I
can find no clear recommendation. However I found S&J Neverbend brand,
has anyone any comments on them, good, bad or ugly.

I am changing over slowly to Wolf Garden Multichange tools. Excellent
quality and a well designed system too.

http://www.wolf-garden.com/public_uk...e_id=967025460

--
Regards
Bob

I find **some** of the wolf tool heads seems a bit too heavy for the
strength of the handle (long).
Oddly enough, their longest handle (telescopic to 4 metres) is quite fine.
What I find, especially with compacted soil, is that much of the energy
expended by me gets diverted onto the handle's weakness and not on what I'm
aiming at.
Nevertheless I can never quite resist another gadget and so have quite a
range of them.
That said, they are superior than their gardenia equivalents and by quite a
stretch. (though gardenia seem to have come up with a nifty gutter cleaner)
Most of my other hand tools I've brought over from Ireland and replenish
occasionally. This is because I like the long handled spades/shovels/forks
and the sheer variety in these is very useful (e.g. about 7 different
spades and shovels, digging fork, mushroom fork (excellent for empting out
compost heaps) potatoes forks (good for screening stones), pitch fork (good
for turning compost) and so on.
I did make a trip to homebase once and discovered to my delight, a digging
fork with an extended short handle and it's quite good, as are the spade
versions.

Patrick