Old 11-05-2004, 01:05 AM
Tom Randy

Default Carptenter Bees

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:02:16 -0400, Barbara Yanus wrote:

I believe that I posted something in here last year about these critters,
and I was told not to worry about them? Well I don't know if it's my
imagination or what, but there seems to be twice or three times as many
this year. I have a log house and I have been dealing with them from day
one. I used to plug up their holes, spray bug spray in the holes, bat
them with a tennis racket, squirt them down with a hose, but I think you
guys told me that they were harmless and that I should not plug the
holes, cause they would use the same holes next year? Have I got any of
this correct. And how can they not be harmful when they are drilling
holes in my logs??? I was just outside watering my hanging baskets and
there were several of them just staring at me, looking like they would
attack me at any given moment!!
Help!!!

Bebra

NE PA
zone 6b

I've had TONS of them the past few years. My wisteria is in FULL bloom and
there were literally DOZENS of them around the flowers this evening.
They love my back roofed patio, I've killed at least 24-30 of them so
far this year. They are amazing to watch but they are very agressive if
you go after them so bee careful (Pun intended). They are trying to mate
now too here in NY, saw quite a few trying to "hook up" in mid air
tonight. That's got to be interesting!