Old 11-05-2004, 02:07 AM
Betsy

Default Azalea seeds

I suspect it is quite difficult to germinate & grow azaleas from seed
because:

1) I've never seen a seedling sprout anywhere near my many dozens of
azaleas in my whole life, and

2) How many places can one buy azalea seeds?

HOWEVER: Azaleas are really easy to reproduce by rooting cuttings! In
fact, just bend a low branch down, cover it with dirt, weigh it with a
stone, and next season you'll have roots there and can transplant the new
baby azalea!

"junkyardcat" wrote in message
I have seen quite a few auctions on Ebay for Azalea seeds. What part of

the
azalea produces seeds, and when do you harvest them? I have a bunch of
beautiful azaleas that I'd love to gather seeds from and plant all over

our
property How long does it take them to grow from seed?

Angie