Old 11-05-2004, 03:05 AM
rot13

Default How to keep raccoons away

Ignoramus15189 pontificated wisely
that:

I have a fenced backyard where I have a vegetable garden that is
somewhat ransacked by raccoons. (or some other animals).

It is fenced with a chain link fence, but they still sneak in. I am
guessing that they get in between the fence and the ground. What are
the practical ways of raccoon proofing the backyard. Maybe some wire
stuff that can be added to the fence, or what? Can I simply buy a
raccoon trap and transport a few away from my property?

Shooting them is not an option due to our city code.

Check out an airgun: Not the Daisy bb gun many had as a child, but an
adult pellet gun (www.straightshooters.com). Don't know about where you
are but here in MA firearms are highly regulated to the point I cannot
use one on my 12 acres, but an airgun is not considered a firearm and
has very little restriction. Check your local reg because some U.S.
states and towns, as well as other countries, do restrict airguns
significantly.

Also be sure to carefully check your local hunting regulations. Many
places, including MA, have an "exemption" to the hunting season rules
that give property owners the right to destroy wildlife in the act of
causing damage or threatening personal safety.

Good luck.
@ @ @ Please forgive my typos as my right hand is injured. @ @ @
char*p="char*p=%c%s%c;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}" ;main(){printf(p,34,p,34);}
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood."

Kevin Miller
(rot13)
http://www.net1plus.com/users/miller9