Old 11-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Roy

Default Carptenter Bees

On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:59:59 -0400, Ann wrote:

===Tom Randy expounded:
===
===They are amazing to watch but they are very agressive if
===you go after them
===
===Well, the trick is....don't go after them! They are looking for a
===mate, they're only interested in that, they aren't aggressive at all.
===Why kill them? We need all the pollinators we can get.

They can make a wooden structure look like swiss cheese ina short
period of time. I kill em all usually with a badmitton racket. Boric
acid is good at drying out their tunnels so the larvae starves as it
does not get decent food once its stored supply is dehydrated. It also
does good on the adults. The females can sting, but males do not have
stingers. They don;t get a chance to prove what they are around me as
I kill em all. Plenty of good honey bees around that do not cause such
damage in structures.

Use a ear syringe filled with boric acid and squirt the powder up in
their tunnels. As the female goes in to carry food etc she gets boric
acidon her and it eventually kills her by dehydrating her.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.