Old 11-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Rez

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article , "SugarChile" wrote:
cultural practices to avoid the need for fungicides. I don't grow things,
such as roses, that need continual fussing over.

To listen to the rose nu^H^H enthusiasts, you'd think they were all
that way, but plenty of glorious roses do just fine in an atmosphere
of malign neglect. We have some that get minimal care (trim off
obviously dead/broken stuff, but not pruned beyond that, douse with
insecticidal soap as needed and a systemic once a year, and lots of
water) and they bloom like crazy. One is presently making clumps of
blooms the size of dinner plates.

Aside from the real and potential harmful effects of pesticides/herbicides,
I just hate suiting up to use them....and I'm willing to bet that many
homeowners and gardeners skip the warnings about goggles, protective
clothing and respirators.

If it requires all that, it's too much work, and I look for something
else to use

~REZ~