Old 11-05-2004, 10:23 AM
Matt Barton

Default Lelandi problem (sort of!)

"Robbie" wrote in message
om...

And can anyone guess how tall this monster is going to grow

If it is C. Leylandii then depending on conditions it could grow to 70-80
feet. At about 3-4 feet a year. If the bleedin' monster in my garden is
anything to go by. We've got a 10ft leylandii partway down the garden
(which was about 20 ft until the weekend before last) and three of them
right at the bottom of the garden which are about 50 ft - but since they
shield us from a railway line I'm happy about keeping them.

Another consideration is the roots the thing will be putting out - if it's
next to your fence then the roots will extend under the fence and into your
garden.