Old 11-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Jane Ransom

Default OT - hiding email details on newsgroups

In article EFmmc.37$VR4.30@newsfe1-win, Jabba
writes

Assuming you are using IE goto 'Tools' - 'Accounts'. Then select the 'News'
tab. You should then be able to select the news server that you use, click
on 'Properties' and chage your e-mail address to something with a valid
format i.e. , but which is not real.

Better still, email Jon Green and ask for a deadspam account.
You never know, when you make up an email address, whether or not there
actually is some poor person with that address in which case they will
get all the spam directed at you!!!!!!
Unfortunately, as your address has already been harvested, this exercise
will be pointless unless you change your email address - and remember to
tell all your friends.

If you want Jon Green's email to get a valid 'hidden' address I'll try
and hunt it out for you.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.