Old 11-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Susan \(CobbersMom\)

Default How to keep raccoons away

"jitney" wrote in message Next time your aldermen or county council
meets for budget
deliberations, show up. When the animal control people put in for
their appropriation, point out their dereliction of duty. Pack the
gallery with your supporters if you can, with the press if they will
send a reporter. Democracy in action.-Jitney

And you'll be laughed right out of the building. The AC people are hired.
They do what they're told to do, they pick up what they're allowed to pick
up. The aldermen are ELECTED. They are the ones who need to change the
policy if the AC don't pick up wildlilfe.
I used to be an animal control officer which usually means a glorified dog
catcher. I was paid to pick up stray PETS. Because I also was a wildlife
rehabilitator they said I could pick up wildlife but wouldn't get paid for
it. Only reason I could legally pick up wildlife is because of my rehab
license.
Sue
Northern Wisconsin