Old 11-05-2004, 02:16 PM
Frogleg

Default Mushrooms in my lawn.....

On Fri, 7 May 2004 11:19:39 +0100, "StanDan"
wrote:

Please help me get rid of these nasty big mushrooms in my lawn they're
ruining it!

Mushrooms are signs of rich soil and damp. They do no harm to grass.
If you don't like them, just knock them over. They are virtually
impossible to "get rid of" as the spores are everywhere and will grow
given favorable (for mushroom) conditions. Be *very* careful about
eating them. That is, be *absolutely* sure of identification. This
means consulting at least 2 detailed guides, not hearing someone say,
"oh, yes. Those little lawn mushrooms -- they're OK to eat." Mushroom
poisoning is very nasty.