Old 11-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Doug Kanter

Default How to keep raccoons away

"Ignoramus27199" wrote in message

I can second the recommendation for Premier. Their customer reps are
very helpful and knowledgable. I called when I was setting up fencing
for our goats planning on getting a fancy combination of electric twine,
HT wire, fiberglass line posts, metal corner t-posts and a solar-battery
energizer. After asking what I wanted the fencing for their rep
suggested electric netting, some plastic corner posts and an energizer
with 9v alkaline battery. Saved me a bunch of money and I've been very
happy with the system.
Kevin Miller
(rot13)
http://www.net1plus.com/users/miller9

You see, my spouse would never agree to it no matter what physics
based explanations I offer.

Although I know the electric fence would not be a problem, your wife's
opinion is understandable. The mother bear instinct is cool. I only wish
human mothers would behave like bear mothers right down to the gory details.
That would take care of SO many "people who should be eliminated", keeping
George Carlin's criteria in mind as I say that. Based on these criteria, I
can recall at least 3 idiots who would've had their faces & throats removed
by my wife, when she felt our son was endangered. Sigh....sadly, she's a
Unitarian. Too peaceful.