Old 11-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Disaster strikes :-(

EESiFlo - Mark Hill wrote:

Jim;

Sorry to hear of your disaster.
I'd be extremely unhappy if this had happened to me.

For $1400 you might want to consider a backup solar powered pump to water
your trees.
I installed thousands of solar sites in central Florida approximately 10
years ago, and to my knowledge, they're all still working as designed.

All you'll need is a good regulated solar panel, a car battery, a cheap
timer and a DC powered pump.
Bilge pumps (for boats) work well.

Mark Hill - Harrisburg PA - Florida North - where it's expected to be 85+
for the next week

I averted a disaster last night. We had a severe thunderstorm with high winds.
Anita Hawkins called to warn me in advance (thanks Anita!!) so I got the trees in
pots on the ground and took the boards off the cinder blocks (my benches). Then I
went inside, got a good book and watched the show. Things blew around a bit,
surveying the scene this morning, but nothing serious. One honeysuckle in a
plastic pot was blown over and knocked out of the pot, but it is so rootbound that
it didn't lose any soil.

It helps to have vigilant friends!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37
Living in exile from New England on the West Bank (of the Hudson)

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++