Old 11-05-2004, 04:16 PM
Rez

Default wild ducks in the garden

In article , (simy1) wrote:
This is a new. In the past I have had to cope with woodchucks,
rabbits, voles, deer, slugs, and wasps (not mentioning the ever
present vine borers). Foxes, possums, raccoons, squirrels, moles and
crows usually leave the garden alone, and small birds in general

Just wait til your crows discover what an almost-ripe watermelon looks
like!! and yes, they can tell ripe from green. We have to cover the
melons with chicken wire to protect 'em from crows. (I have 3 resident
crows that I don't mind cuz they discourage too many starlings from
accumulating, but even so I didn't agree to share my crop before it's
ready to pick!)

produce negligible damage. I stepped out of the backdoor last night
after dinner to find five ducks in the garden (they fled on sight). I
can see why they should be there (all greens and garlic planted, many
small greens which I am sure can interest a duck). I found no evidence
of damage, maybe they had just arrived. How do I discourage them?

Fence. Ducks are walkers, not flyers, if they have a choice.

~REZ~