Old 11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Fish Update

Sorry it takes me so long to get thru the posts now days. ;o) Can't wait
for summer. Anyways.............

Goldfish do better in pairs or schools, I'd use something to detox the
ammonia, a little salt to control the nitrite and wait it out. ~ jan

With a showing of ammonia, don't feed anything. Are you sure your test kits
are fresh? ~ jan

The kit is brand new. I originally took a water sample to Petsmart
and they showed about the same amount of ammonia. So yeah, I'd say
the kit is accurate. The pH may be off, though, because of stray tap
water in the tube.

I'm thinking of removing the black gold fish and giving it away or
humanely euthanizing it. Perhaps it is just well camoflauged, but
when I do get to see it, it doesn't do much at all. If it wasn't
already sick or injured, it may be an indicator that my current set up
can only handle one gold fish?

At least it seems as though I'm not having oxygen problems, at least,
and I've already had the water garden for a month.

Daniel Phillips

[+]bandito[-]spam = [-]toppler.[+]zworg.com
Be warned, may mistakingly bounce back as spam.