Old 11-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Creature

Default What's up with my cactus?

Hi everybody,

I'm really not that green-fingered but I have recently been given a cactus
and am anxious not to kill it (not least because I'm told it's quite
difficult to). So I brought my cactus home, stuck it on my windowsill, and
a few days later I noticed it has some brown discolouration on the side
facing the light. I swivelled it around, and when I went to water it
yesterday the side that was facing the window was a rather nice green. I
don't think it was the light that harmed it, but the weather's been a bit
more overcast lately so perhaps that protected it. Anyway, what have I
done to this poor cactus?

There's a picture of it he http://19b.mine.nu:8012/cactus.jpg

Pointers on what kind of cactus I've got, how often I should water it
(I've been giving it some once a week), and other such cactus care tips
would be gratefully recieved too.

Thanks,

--
Alex Pounds (Creature) .~. Website working group chair
CS2 Student /V\ Socfed committee member