Old 11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Phisherman

Default garlic, leeks and frost

On 11 May 2004 09:12:23 -0700, (mmarteen) wrote:

They are predicting temps in the mid-30s this saturday here in
Southern Minnesota and although I plan to cover my herbs and greens in
case of frost, I am unsure whether I need to do the same for my onion
bed which currently has green onions, newly transplanted leeks and
hardy hard necked garlic planted last fall which has been growing
since March. Any advice?

mm

The onion/garlic family of plants can withstand frost. My garlic has
been growing since January, and we have had numerous frost since then.
Some herbs can not withstand frost (borage, basil).