Old 11-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Grandpa

Default wild ducks in the garden

As a child in Seattle I had a pair of ducks who roamed the garden.
Never messed with the plants but they sure ate the bugs, and definately
love slugs!

simy1 wrote:

This is a new. In the past I have had to cope with woodchucks,
rabbits, voles, deer, slugs, and wasps (not mentioning the ever
present vine borers). Foxes, possums, raccoons, squirrels, moles and
crows usually leave the garden alone, and small birds in general
produce negligible damage. I stepped out of the backdoor last night
after dinner to find five ducks in the garden (they fled on sight). I
can see why they should be there (all greens and garlic planted, many
small greens which I am sure can interest a duck). I found no evidence
of damage, maybe they had just arrived. How do I discourage them?