Old 11-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Rod

Default Sodium Chlorate

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:00:54 +0100, John Edgar
wrote:

On the packet of sodium chlorate it says "do not use near to flowers,
shrubs etc."

Does anyone have any advice as to how near is near?
John
In limine sapientiae

Depends on your plants, on the soil type and topography and on the
rainfall. It is *very* mobile in the soil. For that reason I would
only use it in exceptional circumstances. For most cases there are
safer alternatives. I would say if you're even thinking about possible
damage to nearby plants you should be using something else. Sodium
chlorate is best kept for total weed control in non crop situations.
Another drawback is the unpredictable and often long time between
application and the soil becoming useable for growing crops again.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply