Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 PM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article ,
"nswong" wrote:

Hi Katra,

Can anyone tell me how to control rats without poisoning?
Traps dont' work. Rats are too smart.

I get rats with rat glue on a piece of plywood very success upto an
extent that other wonder how this can be.

The area of glue apply are depend on the size of rat. Minimum length
should be two and a half of the rat length(not included tail). Minimum
width should be two and a half of the rat width. This is due to the
observe from me that when rat first step on the glue, it will be able
to make a jump. After the jump, if the front claw of rat are out of
the glue area, the rat will got chance to escape by crawlling with
front claw. Three side of plywood should have minimum one inch of
margin clear of glue for our thumb to hold when placing the plywood.
The side with glue should touch wall.

The plywood should put at rat path(where rat like to run through along
a wall). Or the rat jump from a place to reach another place, if the
rat jump to your table to eat your food, put the plywood on the table
at that spot.

Plywood should be lay flat, if it's slanted, the weight of rat will
slowly pull rat off the glue area.

The glue should chose the less smell type, or else you may need few
days to wait for the small disappear before get your first rat.

The glue should not be watery.

After removed the rat from glue, hold plywood slanted under water tap
to wash off rat *output*. g And put it slanted against a wall to
let water drip off.

Refill the part lack of glue that due to remove with rat together.

All this should be quite easy to understand.

The tough part are I don't know how to explain the way to apply glue.
If the glue does not apply correctly to the plywood, rat will be able
to escape quite easily.

A piece of plywood can get as much of about ten rat per night, this is
assume that you remove the rat when you heard it *sqeet* to free up
the space.

From my experience, as long as you put it at the right place, you can
glue bird, fly, snake, ... Almost anything that does not in the water.

Regards,
Wong

Time I think to just use Glue traps. ;-)
I normally hate those things, but I'm also not afraid to just kill the
rat when I find it in the glue trap so it won't suffer.

Trick will be in putting the traps where my pigeons won't get into them.
The rats do run up the trees out back!

I have some ideas...

Thanks!
K.