Old 11-05-2004, 09:05 PM
martin

Default horseradish

On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:07:18 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:15:22 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Dan Welch" wrote in message ,
I'd like to grow horseradish but have never seen plants /

seeds
for sale.
Any ideas where I might be able to get hold of one or the
other?
All help appreciated
cheers

Careful Dan, it can take over and is difficult to dig out, it
having
such
long roots. Planted it once but I would think seriously

before I
did
it
again.
Probably be OK in an island bed surrounded by grass which

gets
cut
so it
can't invade.

What will it be like in, say, a 9" pot?

Short? How about in a longer piece of plastic drain pipe?

How long are those roots then?

Franz

I've read about 2ft.

3 weeks ago I got hold of 2 horseradish plants. Put it in a bed in

not-much-used corner of my allotment.

Did some reading up about it.....

Last weekend I lifted it again (careful not dig well under and

around it)
and re-planted it in a full-size-cheapo-wickes-dustbin (minus the

bottom,
cut out for drainage) that I'd just sunk in the ground.

I don't think we will eat enough horseradish in all of our remaining
years to warrant anything like it.
We'll just have to go on buying it at the grocer. {:-))

be careful not to chuck leftovers in the garden :-)