Old 11-05-2004, 11:23 PM
martin

Default ??Greenhouse??

On Tue, 11 May 2004 21:31:57 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in
message ...
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains

these words:

What is the *real* purpose of gardenbanter?

Making money for the webmaster.

Internet advertisers want to buy space on websites which lure large
audiences. Each occasion a person logs on to the website, is called

hit. The more hits a website records, the more it can charge to
advertisers. A website that acts as a portal to usenet groups can

score
a vast number of hits, even though the website itself has no

content.

Thanks, Janet. At last I understand.
What a miserable occupation.
Let's all think hard about how we could make a monkey of gardenbanter
without actually breaking any laws.
Perhaps we could point out to each poster coming in via gardenbanter
how stupid it is to acces urg via that website rather than joining urg
directly.

Set
X-No archive YES
and then post silly advice.
Google won't archive it, but sites like gardenbanter will