Old 12-05-2004, 12:04 AM
VivienB

Default Recommended hand tools

On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:49:08 +0100, "Chris Stewart"
wrote:

"VivienB" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:36:19 +0100, "tuin man"
wrote:

mushroom fork (excellent for empting out
compost heaps)

Is there an illustration of one of these somewhere, or can you explain
what it looks like? I am going to ireland in a couple of weeks' time,
this sounds like it might be useful to me.

Regards, VivienB

Have a look at the flat bladed fork - is that any use? Its near the bottom
of the page.
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/p_tools2.html

Chris S

I can see that the flat bladed fork might be very good for breaking up
and turning over soil, but it was the comment about moving compost
around that interested me. I think my compost needs turning more, as
although it was moist and a mixture of material types, last year's
compost has been rather 'stringy', not quite properly made to my
satisfaction. I don't enjoy the job of turning compost, so anything
that helps the job along is of interest!

Regards, VivienB