Old 12-05-2004, 02:04 AM
philosopher

Default looking for advice re mugho pine variety

Hi All--

I saw the most beautiful mugho pine today & wondered whether anyone either
knew the variety or could refer me to an expert who could help. It was a
large, low-set (3'), spreading variety, with almost a rambling habit. The
most striking feature was its jet black branches--they contrasted
beautifully with the needles. I may be mistaken, but there were also
beautiful red cones.

Please reply to the group; my email addy is non-functioning.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

philosopher