Old 12-05-2004, 02:10 AM
Brian

Default Sodium Chlorate

We used to purchase by the hundredweight with no restrictions~ but they were
aware of our address for delivery. We used it, before Roundup, to keep a
cobbled [300yds] driveway reasonably clean. Every 6months more or less.
Only when purchasing large quantities of Grammoxone have I been asked to
sign the poisons book. It had become an ingredient in the diet of wayward
husbands![who got found out!!]
Best Wishes Brian

"Peter Coddington" wrote in message

"John Edgar" wrote in message
news
On the packet of sodium chlorate it says "do not use near to flowers,
shrubs etc."

Does anyone have any advice as to how near is near?
John
In limine sapientiae

As an interesting point. Prior to Garden Centres, Supermarkets. I remember
purchasing this product from the local Chemists Shop. I had to declare its
intended use and also sign a register ( dangerous drugs ???)
Any other readers remember this era or was this specific to my local
Chemist
who was taking precautions should I use it for some unlawful purpose?
Peter.