Old 12-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Katra

Default tomato leaves eaten....

In article ,
"Loki" wrote:

il Tue, 11 May 2004 02:40:07 -0500, Katra ha scritto:

Hornworm moths lay their eggs on the leaves. :-(
They don't eat the stems.

They sound a pain.

They are. :-(

I found a teensy one the other day on one of my tomato plants...

It's worm dip now. G

I try to hand pick the little buggers when possible, not the least
because it's so much fun to watch the ducks fight over them when I toss
them in with the poultry! Especially the larger ones. G

For birds, try some pinwheels, and those are decorative!
Owl decoys are also good and Wal-Mart has a nice supply of them right
now. Just move them weekly and make sure they cast a shadow.

I'm not sure our birds would know what an owl is.
As it's drawing to winter here it's more a matter of me getting out
and cleaning up the garden.

Might be instinctive. :-)
Owl decoys work very well for pest birds, and pigeons!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...