Old 12-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Glenna Rose

Default tomato leaves eaten....

writes:

Hmmmm... I wonder if I can get PVC pipes big enough to slide rat traps
into? That would protect my birds.

PVC is available in just about any size you want. It's what is used for
water lines in most areas, from 1/4-inch to several feet. Decide what
size you want, then contact a plumbing supply store. If you have a United
Pipe & Supply in your area, they will have it for certain.

Another source would be a utilities contractor; perhaps you could get a
scrap or two. Trust me, they have bunches of scraps in various lengths
and diameters (diameter depends on the particular job). You might even
contact your local water department to get some ideas where to find some.

Another use for PVC pipe scraps and joints (tees) is cat climbers though
the tees and wyes in 8-inch or 10-inch size are rather expensive. The
straight pipe isn't too bad for price, but scraps would be better if you
can get them free.

Glenna