Old 12-05-2004, 08:05 AM
JennyC

Default unusual problem

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "shannie" contains these words:

Need lots of suggestions for solving this one please.We were supposed to
move house at the end of this summer but things have gone much quicker than
we thought and we're moving in 4/6 weeks. Tomatoes are nestling happily in
growbags and we have some canes in to support them. The greenhouse is to be
dismantled and reassembled and all it's contents are to be moved along with
it. However, as we thought we'd be at the end of the season we hadn't
forseen a problem but now we're not so sure.

snip

Why do the tomatoes need to stay in the growbags ??

I'd cut the bag into sections with one plant each and repot in large flowerpots.
Then you could easily support each separate plant with canes and you could wrap
each one in strong paper/plastic/cardboard for the journey.

Though I'd probably just leave them myself and buy toms this year :~)

Jenny