Old 12-05-2004, 11:18 AM
martin

Default ??Greenhouse??

On Wed, 12 May 2004 07:59:18 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Whilst Google might not archive my reply, how will Google know that I
did not want it archived at a later stage when my reply has been
subsumed in later replies from other urglers?

It can't. Google naively assumes that people will snip posts, not copy
the complete post over and over again. My mail tool has a "Respect
others X-no archive settings" but I am not sure what it does other
than give the user a warm feeling :-)

There's a similar site to gardenbanter that collates boat newsgroup
posts. At least I understand the motivation now.