Old 12-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Sacha

Default Lelandi problem (sort of!)

Victoria Clare12/5/04 10:08
10

Kay Easton wrote in
:

I was thinking a nice ornamental crabapple instead might be just the
job ?

Variety is the spice of life. Have you ever looked at a 60's estate
with what I recall being described on Gardener's Question Time as
Prunus bloody ****ardii in nearly every garden?

No, I'm too young to remember a 60's estate as uniform! ;-p

But there's a big estate near Leicester which my parents called the 'Estate
of Kilmarnock Willows'

Rowan, hawthorn, hazels, decorative cherries, real apple trees...? All
much more neighbour-acceptable than leylandii.

I'll give you ashes though - gorgeous trees that neighbours hate! (just
stop seeing it as a seedling-generator for a moment and look...)

Victoria

We saw a wonderful Prunus the other day - perfect for a small to medium
sized garden. It was P. hillieri.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)