Old 12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
wendy7

Default Question - Bare Root Orchid Plants

Good advice Diana, I too have ordered many bare rooters, I'd be lying if I
say
I haven't lost any but that's the price you pay! *g*
The situ with the Den devonianum is that I was wondering if I should
have sacrificed the buds at the time as their cane was the only live looking
one? Too late now though as it is blooming. Just have to hope for new
growth.
Thanks for the info.
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
ink.net...
All,

First of all, I know first hand how rough some of those imported bare
rooters can be. Still, I've taken some and rehydrated them overnight with

little rooting medium in the water, with some success. Seems to give them

leg up.

Also, last year at Redland I bought a bunch of bare root plants on which

the
pbulbs looked pretty good even though the roots were dry as a crisp.
They've grown, thrived and bloomed after rehydration.

Diana