Old 12-05-2004, 07:03 PM
Gloria

Default salvia question

Thank you, JK !

Gloria

"J Kolenovsky" wrote in message
Absolutely, deadhead the spent stalks. Water moderately. Salvias are
generally water misers and love bright light.

http://www.californiagardens.com/Lists/salvias.htm
http://webs.lanset.com/pathline/salvias.htm
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/frames/n...enatur/pg6.htm

JK

Gloria wrote:

I'm in NE Alabama, zone 7. The salvia was in full bloom when I planted it
about 2 weeks ago, got it at Lowe's. There was no identification tag on

it.
It's a nice size clump but most of the flower stalks are spent. I'm not
seeing much new growth, and the spent stalks are falling over so I was
wondering if I need to remove the spent flower stalks to encourage new
blooms. Thanks for the great link!

Gloria

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky