Old 13-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Disaster strikes :-(

In a message dated 5/12/2004 11:46:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I'm kind of surprised you need to go that deep in Florida for water
(deepest
I've had was 170 ft, one now is only 75) or do you need that deep to get
quality water? Without salt :)
Dale

Keep in mind three things.
1. Jim is in the Panhandle on much higher ground than the peninsula
and therefore higher above the water table.
2. Water near the surface in Florida can be rich in minerals, mostly
iron sulfides which cause a discoloration to porous surfaces and can have a
distinctive odor and taste.
3. With our increase in population the water table is dropping at an
alarming rate.
I am at 150 feet on the peninsula and have iron sulfides in my water.
It doesn't stink too much, at least after 15 years I don't smell it. But it
does discolor.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++