Old 13-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Liza

Default parsnip seedlings

The seeds only last 1 or two seasons, and supposedly are hard to
save/germinate, though I have never had the problem myself. (they are coming
up everwhere this year from when I pulled them up and trapsed them back to
the house and I have way too many seeds to plant this season) They look more
like celery seedlings to me when they first shoot, rather than parsley, but
yep all very similar. There are very few strains of parsnip left in the
world, which is sad. They are definately an under-rated vegetable. Grow
easily and unlike the ones you see in the shop, taste fantastic.

Once they get started though, you dont have to worry about weeds, they crowd
them out.

"callie" wrote in message
s.com...
callie wrote:
* *

Thanks for your help! I've now got an awful lot of weeding to do!
--
callie