Old 13-05-2004, 04:06 AM
McQualude

Default my radishes are not doing well

(Bill) said:

Since radishes are one of the easiest crops to grow, I would guess the
seeds are bad. How long have you had the seeds? I try to get new seeds
every year. Seeds that I have kept from previous seasons don't seem to
germinate as well.

The seeds are new. I have pulled one radish, might get a few more, but
overall they appear to be duds. My carrots are also doing poorly. I added
manure compost to the soil prior to planting, afterwards I read that
carrots should not be fertilized with manure. I wonder if the manure is
having a negative effect on the carrots and radishes.

The beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers & squash are doing fantastic.
--
McQualude