Old 13-05-2004, 06:04 AM
GoldLexus

Default New growth turned brown! ROSES

I planted 3 new rose bushes about a month and half ago. They are I think
what is referred to bare root roses (as opposed to ones in gallon
containers), the roots were in a wood chip filled bag around the roots with
the canes exposed. Anyway, they looked like they were beginning to show
signs of new growth on a couple of them but now that new growth is brown and
dry looking. The canes one these same two are green for the most part. On
the third rose the canes are brown and never really saw new growth on it
like the other two. Actually the new growth on the other two was only like 2
leave buds on each nothing more. I am new to planting roses. I just moved
into this house a year ago, it had 4 overgrown and neglected bushes that I
pruned and had blooming all the way thru' October. I live in Oregon and it
has been raining so they are not dried out.
Any suggestions? Are they still alive? Should I give up on them?