Old 13-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default algae

If your pond is big enough for koi, they eat string algae for lunch. Ours
swimm up onto the plan tubs, in 2" of water!, to get string algae. It can
grow in one of our slow vegie filters, but does not survive in the main
pond.

Jim

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"steven downie" wrote in message
just built a new pond about one month old now,im now getting green algae i
think! floating around the edegs of the pond not alot but some.Is this
normal? im running a uv filter which i thought was meant to stop this,the
pond has six fish and some plants and is 7*5ft .