Old 13-05-2004, 08:41 AM
New Boy New Boy is offline
Registered User

Default Grow rate of bamboo

I purchased two bamboo's for my garden this weekend and I wondered how quickly they would grow. My fargesia murielae is about 50 cm tall and a clump about 15 cm in diameter, and thamnocalamus tesselatus only has four canes (2 about a metre tall and two of 40-50 cm), just wondered how long this will take to form a nice clump and if there is anything I can do to encourage it to sprout more canes and thicken up.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I ordered the tesselatus via mail order and did expect it to look nicer.

Thanks
Andy