Old 13-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Andrew G

Default Getting rid of duckweed

"Jade" Jade_at_Jaywings_dot_com wrote in message
u...
Oh, I don't think I'd break it up... I don't think it matters, and if you
break it up, it may float to the surface.
I'll try to find out for you.
Jade.

Thanks very much for the help.
Well the chemical we got to try today was "water clear", or "clear water",
something along those lines. It's active constiutent(sp?) is orange oil,
kinda smells like citronella. Designed purposely for 3 particular water
weeds (salvinia, red "something, and forget the other weed), I don't think
duckweed is on it, but apparently some courses in Sydney have used it on
duckweed.
However there is one problem. It says do not spray on thick mats of weed
where the water can't be seen, and in one dam it has got like this.
We will try the hay in 2 small ponds, but I don't think it will be too good
in the large dams. The smallest dam we have is about 2.5megalitre cap and
they are all nearly full.
Thanks again