Old 13-05-2004, 02:09 PM
shazzbat

Default Gardens and garden centres/nurseries in Ireland

"VivienB" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:32:58 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

I would strongly recommend the John F Kennedy memorial gardens/arboretum

in
Co wexford. Googling brings loads of sites, I'm not sure which is the
official one.

We know it - we usually use the car park up the hill across the road
from the main entrance, as a nice place with a wonderful view to stop
for a cuppa.

I was thinking more of gardens as such, though - the arboretum is more
of a park. Or have they added a larger garden area recently? We don't
normally go into the area round the buildings.

I would. We have only visited in March (1999), but I got the distinct
impression a visit in summer would be worthwhile. We went up the hill
afterwards as an afterthought. It was also well worth it and I loved the
winding road up there. Well it was free of traffic in March. There were
three cars in the car park including ours:-)

Steve