Old 13-05-2004, 03:07 PM
BAC

Default OT Customers from hell

"Rhiannon S" wrote in message
Subject: OT Customers from hell
From: Sacha
Date: 11/05/2004 16:57 GMT Daylight Time

- but I cannot begin to imagine what gets into people or where their
wits are, if they think this is any way to behave *anywhere*, let alone

in
someone else's garden!

For that we can say "Thank You Mrs Thatcher", who taught us all that other
people don't count, there is no such thing as society, and of course, as

long
as I get my fun noone else matters.

Not so, since hardly anyone acts on a politician's sound bites, e.g. John
Major's 'back to basics' blandishments which were not only ignored, but were
a source of ridicule. Besides, I can remember the reference to there being
no such thing as society, which, putting it in context was from - "I think
we've been through a period where too many people have been given to
understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope
with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government
must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know,
there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and
there are families. And no government can do anything except through people,
and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after
ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the
entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such
thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation." - but I
don't recall her saying 'other people don't count', nor 'as long as I get my
fun no-one else matters'. That was Alan B'stard, surely?