Old 13-05-2004, 05:02 PM
FarmerDill

Default Tomato disease in NC

To make a long story short my container tomatoes are ending up with cracked
bottoms or they end up being black. I sprayed with daconil this morning but
I am baffled.

I planted them in Miracle Grow potting soil and have them hooked up to a
drip irrigation system that automatically waters them with 1 gal of water
every other day.

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Cant't really tell from your description, but if the blossom end of the tomato
shrivels and turns black, that's bloosom end rot (BER) Most of the time it
clears up as the weather warms. Roma type cultivars are worst than others. Lots
of concoctions on the market like Stop Rot but are of limited effect.
Try the tomato problem solver.
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html