Old 13-05-2004, 06:03 PM

Default unwelcome: RATS!!!!

yes, dogs will eat poison baits, but unless your dogs are really small it is unlikely
to kill them. eating dead rats or mice is even less likely. but I had a box of bait
the mice pushed off the counter top and rather than take a chance I just got vitamin
K from my vet for everyone.
personally... I like take em alive traps and then drown them in ice cold water as I
think it is faster and less painful. INgrid

Judy Cosler wrote:

i have RATS! ugh!

i also have 2 dogs whom i would not endanger in any way!
my vet has told me that, despite what the pest control firms tell you,
the bait used to kill rats CAN be gotten by the dogs & that the rats
CAN be secondarily poisonous to the dogs. she said to put down NO
poison! she says she sees too many pets who have been poisoned in
thse ways. so, I will do exactly that -- put down NO poison.

so, with the wonders of the internet, I have found Shake-Away which is
a fox/coyote urine blend in crystal or powder form.
http://www.critter-repellent.com/rat...ource=GoogleAW
As predator urine, it supposedly keeps the rats away. Has anybody
tried this approach or this product & with what results? i'm at my
wits end!!

Judy with her dogs & her unwanted RATS! :

((.)) '))
((((((((
))(/)((

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List