Old 13-05-2004, 06:09 PM
DaddyMonkey

Default TRI-COLORED BEECH - input wanted!

Yeah, I've heard about the Texas sun in the summer (and learning how to
drive a car with two fingers because of the heat). LOL....

The Tri-Colored Beech tree at my local nursery is available in a Ball &
Burlap at about 8 to 10 feet tall. I know that this tree may reach 50
feet tall, but is THIS SIZE something to consider with the over-all
height/out-come of it's mature size?... in other words should I look for
a 5 or 7 gallon container size tree?

When removing the OLD Red Bud, I dug down about 18 inches and then cut
the root/tree with a chainsaw at this level... the new tree will go in
the same location.

I also understand about your comment with the watering deep (much like
when watering grass to encourage root growth).
However, I'm a little confused about the "Raised Beds"... I've never
had a raise bed within my landscape. If I raise the height of the
tree, will I get MORE root growth. Please don't don't get me wrong,
because I really think this tree will look great in my front yard...
Thanks for you input!

Regards,
Dave