Old 13-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Kay Easton

Default OT Customers from hell

In article , RichardS
noaccess@invalid.? writes

According to Umberto Eco's essays it was the 70's that was named "the Me
decade", many socially acceptable "norms" ceased to be blindly accepted (for
good and for ill).

True, but that was allied to a general concern about people, the
environment and the world, which seemed to decrease during the 80s, when
the virtue of self reliance seemed to become tainted with the corollary
that 'and if you can't look after yourself, it's a defect in you and you
are therefore less worthy and don't deserve to be looked after'

... well, that's how it seemed to me, but I'm not putting forward any
explanations for the cause!
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: