Old 13-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Brian

Default Ladybird Rhyme.

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" ...
, JennyC wrote:
"Brian" wrote

Large snip

In Holland we call them 'Lieveheersbeestjes' which roughly translated

'Dear Sirs
beasties' "~))
Jenny

And to think that I used to wonder about the expression "Double

Dutch"!!
I would love to know their Finnish name~~would be about one yard long!!
Best Wishes Brian

Surprisingly it's not Brian !
==
Finnish = leppäkerttu
Dannish = toprikket mariehoene
Czech = slunéčko sedmitečné

Other translations, fotos, info, etc etc at

http://www.websters-online-dictionar...a/ladybird.htm

Jenny :~))

Very many thanks. I spend quite a bit of time in Scandinavia~~via

Newcastle by car. Fantastic countries. The number 91 that my Finnish friend
recite does seem to be that 'yard long' mentioned. It seems to be related to
no other language, other than perhaps Hungarian.
Thanks again Brian.