Old 13-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Dogger

Default runner beans

On Thu, 13 May 2004 11:37:45 +0100, "Butterfly"
wrote:

Please don't laugh at my question - I've never grown beans before - but my 8
year old has just proudly bought home a bean he has been growing in secret
at school. We've planted it in a big pot and put in canes for it to climb
up - but is there anything else we should do? do the shoots need pinching
out or do we just let is grow as it likes?

Grateful for any replies - 8 year old is bursting with pride and I'd so love
for him to be able to pick beans from his plant.

Protect from Frost........last frost is later than you think.
Lots of water and feed.
Once you have beans pick them every day if you leave them on they will
stop producing

Dogger